Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 380 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: AGM 2020 #30845

    Hot of the press the minutes from this years AGM – attached – please look through & see if any amendments needed – even hotter

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by MatG.
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: AGM 2020 #30829

    Meeting starts at 7pm prompt last years minutes are attached to last year post (AGM 2019) any comments welcome

    agenda for this year

    Acting officers report – Chairman, treasurer and membership secretary.

    Then election of officers.

    If anyone wants take on any roles please put yourself forward or if you would want to bring up anything

    in reply to: Time Trial League for 2020? #30803

    Looks fun to me
    8 clubs – good to have 8 different courses! – we could do llandowror loop from tavernspite to red roses – llandowror & back up brandy hill (only 2 left turns)

    Anyway I am up for it

    in reply to: AGM 2019 Thursday 7th march at narberth rfc #30614

    Minutes & Actions from last night (attached) any issues please say

    Narberth Dynamos AGM 7th March 2019
    Attendees: Andrew Rees, Chairman
    • David Haward
    • Mandy Lewis
    • Anthony Rees
    • Jane Rees
    • Mat Greener
    • Julie Allison
    • Geraint Hughes
    • Dan Lewis
    • Nigel Bevan
    • Gwen Hughes
    • Alex Holland
    • Simon Thomas
    Chairman, A Rees, gave feedback of the 2017/18 season. It has seen a slight decrease in numbers
    We now have 36 members down from 57 including 6 ladies down from 17.
    Peter Lloyd Turbo Sessions held every Tuesday have been a great success, with a good turnout on all evenings. The club attended many local cycling sportives, with a few members taking part in time trial events outside of the club. Mr Rees & Julie Alison gave a financial account, and that there was currently over £2,940 in the current account (slightly down from last year due to buying surplus kit from Pembrokeshire bikes), with £84 profit due to the success of the turbo sessions (with hopefully more to come in the remaining weeks). The club had paid all expenses and payments to the coach, Peter Lloyd, and rental fees for Bloomfield was up-to-date, with invoices available for inspection. Mr Rees had an accurate account of numbers and payments made at each turbo session. Election of Office
    • Chairman – Andrew Rees
    • Secretary – Mat Greener
    • Treasurer – Julie Allison
    • Membership – David Haward
    • Ride Organiser – Leighton Rees & Geraint Hughes
    • Safe Guarding Officer – Mat Greener
    • Social Secretary – Tom Fisher
    Tuesday rides to continue, but with two groups. One group of senior cyclists, and one group of novice riders (no longer to be known as the ladies group). This is to encourage new cyclists to the club, both men and women.
    Tuesday, Thursday and Weekend Rides and Routes to be on website

    Weekend rides
    When the ride is decided on details to be posted on website

    2019 mid-week rides Tuesday & Thursday starting Tuesday April 2nd

    for April, last 2 weeks of August & September the start time will be 1800
    May, June, July & first 2 weeks August start time will be 1815
    Action Leighton & Geraint to have these posted on website month in advance
    Sweepers will be allocated for Tuesday rides (Action Alex to provide rota)
    Beginners welcome – no one will be left behind (unless awful weather & you are the only person who turns up )
    Sweeper to give quick ride briefing before ride – saying the route
    If enough people turn up & there is a desire to split into fast & social groups this will be decided on day

    Turbo 2018/ 2019
    It was a unanimous decision to invite Peter Lloyd to deliver the Turbo sessions for 2018/2019 again. Mr Rees had concerns that some of the turbo were starting to show their age. Actions – Simon – Mikes Bikes, Mat – Jon Mills & Ants – Pembrokeshire Bikes to investigate the purchase of 8 new turbos & risers (cyclops jet fluid pro) – to get all quotes by end of March

    Other points
    Away day – Simon to investigate Sportives with multi distances on Saturdays so lots of the club could go to
    Civic week hill climb will happen again this year
    Different categories
    Novelty bikes
    Fancy Dress
    Children (top 10 will be awarded a dynamos shirt)
    Civic week family ride – new route to be investigated.

    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: AGM 2019 Thursday 7th march at narberth rfc #30613

    Please supply updates to any actions / questions

    When will weekday rides start?
    just sweepers on tuesday Any rota?

    what time? last year april & september 1800
    may – aug 1815 -is it the same again

    Turbo next year – Peter Lloyd again?

    Club membership gone down – any reason? Anything that can attract new members / lapsed members?

    Should membership cost stay the same?

    What to do with club shirt surplus of small sizes? idea give to winners / everyone in youth category of hill time trial?

    Are we having a hill time trail this year?
    Text alerts on rides what is progress?

    Should official weekend rides be reintroduced – if tourist wants to find a club to ride with

    Replacement of turbos – I checked with Aces they have given their old turbos to kiddies tri – does anyone have a turbo at home they want to donae / sell to the club

    in reply to: AGM 2019 Thursday 7th march at narberth rfc #30612

    Can someone please take on the role of writing pieces for papers
    Whether that is weekly, monthly, quarterly or ad-hoc

    in reply to: Club AGM 2018 march 23rd #30407

    Highlights / Minutes

    including sad demise of sunday rides & start times of tuesday & thursday rides (1800 in march, april & september & 1815 in te hotter / lighter months)

    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    The one I use is a red circle with ice written in white in the middle.
    Also mailed picture to group couldn’t seem to add a picture to this


    At the very least you should download the ICE app onto your phone. Which has blood group allergies medication etc ice numbers. Displayed on your home screen

    in reply to: Volunteer/New Blood required #30361

    First of all thanks Pete for organising them for past 3 years.
    Perhaps we could do the weekend routes like the sweeper rota … Create a rota of members to create route possibly doing it earlier in the week before and can be weather dependent. It would be a real shame for the rides to stop. Last weekend we had 10 ride this weekend only 1. We have had surveys before but the response has been very inconclusive. Could members commit to at least one weekend ride a fortnight. 10 o’clock may work in winter. With those who are really keen could do a few hours before.

    in reply to: Christmas Party 2017 #30240

    Soup beef profiteroles
    I am all for dressing up
    How about charity night everyone has a budget of £10 to buy everything they are wearing from a charity shop . Sure will be difficult for some deciding what to spend the extra £9.50 on but £10 is a maximum

    in reply to: Pembs Charity Ride – 6th August #30169

    Anyone riding from narberth for this?

    in reply to: Trip of a lifetime (including Alpe D'huez & Ventoux) #30161

    small blog

    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: Trip of a lifetime (including Alpe D'huez & Ventoux) #30160

    I have done my trip – I would thorough;y recommend ventoux

    Total Distance: 669
    Total climb: 13016

    two hardest / most stressful days – travelling there & back

    anyone interested blog attached.

    in reply to: Tuesday Ride Sweepers #30143

    Myself and Julian have switched
    So Julian 18/7 mat 29/8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 380 total)