AGM, 21 June 2013
We will be holding and AGM on Friday 21 June 2013. The AGM is to be held at the Narberth Rugby Club, Narberth starting at 7.00pm.
An agenda, nomination papers and details of the roles and responsibilities for Club Officers are now available to download. Nominations for Club Officers must be received by the current Secretary, Ian Walton, by 14 June 2013 using the nomination form.
Narberth Civic Week 2012
We are organising a 20 mile ride along quiet roads escorted by Club members as part of Narberth Civic Week. The ride will be suitable for beginners and intermediate level cyclists, although all are welcome.
All finishers (excluding club members) will be entered into a prize draw. Prizes donated to date include:
- Limux Digital Camera donated by South Hook LNG
- Meat Voucher donated by Andrew Rees Butchers
- Gift Voucher for Tenby Cycles
- Narberth Dynamos water bottles
The ride starts from the Bloomfield Centre Car Park, Redstone Road, Narberth at 0900.
All participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and helmets must be worn.
AGM, 29 June 2012
We will be holding and AGM on Friday 29 June 2012. The AGM is to be held in the Angel, Narberth starting at 7.30pm.
An agenda, nomination papers and details of the roles and responsibilities for Club Officers are now available to download. Nominations for Club Officers must be received by the current Secretary, Ian Walton, by 22 June 2012 using the nomination form.
Narberth Civic Week 2011
Narberth Dynamos Cycling Club will be organising a cycling treasure hunt on 24 July as part of Narberth’s Civic Week. The event is open to all and can be completed by groups or on your own. The entry fee will be £1 per person. Helmets must be worn by all participants and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
The event will start from the Dingle Club on Jesse Road at 2.00pm. A route of around 10 miles on quiet roads is being planned to make it suitable for cyclists of all abilities and marshals from the Club will be on the course to make sure you don’t get lost. A question sheet with clues (and a pencil!) will be provided to each participant and prizes will be awarded in various age categories.
Details of the route can be found by clicking this link.
Keep checking back here for a list of prizes donated by the club and local businesses.
AGM, 17 June 2011
We will be holding and AGM on Friday 17 June 2011 to formally elect a Club Committee. The AGM is to be held in the Folly Farm Suite at Narberth Rugby Club starting at 7.00pm and will include a buffet at a cost of £5.00 per head.
We have also arranged a talk from Jon Mills of Tenby Cycles on bike maintenance and from Kim Griffiths of Valley Gate Osteopathic Clinic on sports massage and stretching techniques. The focus will be on pre/post event massage and stretching programmes suitable for cyclists of all levels of flexibility. Wear stretchy clothes (or even your lycra!) as much of the session will be practical. Models needed for sports massage demonstration!
An agenda, nomination papers and details of the roles and responsibilities for Club Officers are now available to download. Nominations for Club Officers must be received by the acting Secretary, Ian Walton, by 12 June 2011 using the nomination form
Club Social, 18 March 2011
The Club social at Hotel Plas Hyfrydd held on 18 March 2011 was a great success. 40 people came along and we signed up 7 new members. A raffle was held for prizes kindly donated by club members and raised £57.00 which will be sent to Comic Relief.
In the spirit of Red Nose Day, our Chairman, Andrew Rees, (aka ButcherBoy) opened proceedings with a welcome address packed full of his best cycling jokes. Not to be put off by the constant heckling from a large contingent of the Tenby Aces who joined us, Andrew eventually got round to introducing the three guest speakers we had lined up.
- Nick Brown of NB Cycle Coaching reminisced about his earliest memories of cycling (short-lived as he kept getting his bike stolen) and went on to give a few pointers on equipment, fitness, training, cycling with a club and nutrition.
- Next up was ‘Comedy’ Jon Mills of Tenby Cycles who gave a rapid selection of his best one-liners before imploring everyone to regularly grease their chains. Number one sin in Jon’s book is clearly not washing your bike!
- After a brief pause to refuel at the buffet, Leighton Phillips of Graphicwave who designed our website helped members sign up to the Club forum. 22 people have now signed up and this will be the principle means of communicating details of Club rides from now on. If you haven’t signed up yet just use the forum menu at the top of the screen.
- Kenny Davies of Fossa Sports brought along the new club cycling jersey. These are now on sale at his shop at Unit 8, West Wales Business Park, Narberth and 4 new jerseys were out on the Sunday Ride, albeit hidden by waterproofs!
Nick and Jon have kindly offered to come along to give a more in depth talk on their areas of interest and we are currently sorting out times and places.
A good time was had by all and special thanks goes to the staff at Hotel Plas Hyfrydd for their help in making the evening such a success.
We will be holding more social events throughout the year so please keep an eye on the website for more details