Home Forums Upcoming Events Civic Week 2013

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    MatG

Photo of finish (only banner that is noticeable is pembrokeshire bikes)
    How do I put pictures on flickr account someone mail me details please

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sweaty Eds

I thought I would have a go at another poem to commemorate our Land’s End to John O’Groats Turbo Challenge. I started off using the same old

Bloody Land’s End to bloody John O’Groats
    Long bloody hour, sore bloody scrote

that I’d used a couple of time before, but when I got to

Lazy bloody Slinky cycling four-bloody-teen

I could only rhyme it with

Thirty bloody two! Competitive GP, very bloody keen

so I thought I’d have a go at a Haiku instead, using the 5, 7 and 5 rule.

Land’s End to John O’Groats

Dynamo’s Turbo Challenge
    Well done everyone

Twenty-four hours on High St
    Quite sweaty in parts

Land’s End John O’Groats
    Chucking out time at the Eagle
    Participants in pants

Pre Spar spin for good time girls
    Mini skirts and stilettos

Dynamos Turbo Challenge
    Piece of piss, really!

Maybe it’s a bit highbrow.

Roger

…fine…but for the record 34.1….30mins post a large bowl of mussels..I’ m not sure if the smell was from the bins..or me

butcherboy

What a great weekend. I don’t think it could have gone any better.  Thank you to all who did their bit. Those who rode it, organised it and supported it.

For me the purpose of the weekend was to do 2 things. First was to raise some money for a charity. We raised £613.00,  which I think is a great amount, and the girls from Paul Sartori are very grateful.

Secondly my idea of the event was to raise the profile of the dynamos. I think we have all done that and more. We made a lot of friends over the weekend. I think the people of Narberth have a lot more respect for us now. So wear that dynamo top with pride!

Once again many thanks to you all.

ValleyMan

Can I reitterate the Chairman’s comments above, a sensational effort from the Club.

Please see below the final results. We just managed to scrape home in the 24 hours despite a piss poor effort from Slinky, Roger’s disqualification and Alan’s DNF.

In the end it was the plodders that got us over the line rather than the willy wavers.

Riders Mileage

The profile of the club is about to be raised further as i’m just about to start climbing the Shard in London with a Dynamos top on. I’m not coming down until there is an official inquiry into the mileage put against my name. I easily did 15.

Great effort by everyone, especially the overnighters. We had a great spot in town, you couldn’t miss us!

MatG

all photos added to flickr

ValleyMan

Thanks Mat. You still up there Slinky?

ValleyMan

Front page news…

We knocked Tenby Aces onto Page 2 and Jane’s shameless exhibitionism onto Page 3. Must track down this new member Peter ‘James’, I think he should join the Club.

PS. Thanks to Oilslick for letting me know I was in the paper again. 50p well spent this time.

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.