- This topic is empty.
August 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm #21810
A note from Andrew Wright.
Cardiff Ajax will be running a club ride to coincide with the Tour of Britain coming to Caerphilly with two climbs of Caerphilly mountain followed by a finish back in the centre. I would imagine 50-60 miles although exact details TBC. Let me know if you feel there will be anyone from the Dynamos who would like to join us. (Friday 14 Sept) and I’ll clear it from my end.
I went on my own last year and ended up cycling next to Cav and Thor Hushold which was pretty cool, both Cav and Wiggins are pencilled in to ride.
Plenty of time to grow those sideburns….August 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm #24883butcherboyMember
There is a sportive arranged for that morning. 93k and when you finish you get a reserved spot on the finish line to watch the pros come in. Andrew, Have you heard about it? Is it worth looking at? It is on the tour of Britain website. Anyone fancy it?August 16, 2012 at 6:35 pm #24885
Might give it some thought!August 21, 2012 at 7:48 am #24899butcherboyMember
Just entered. Anybody else up for it?August 21, 2012 at 12:56 pm #24901
We too!August 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm #24904MatGMember
Any chance of a lift from anyone?August 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm #24905Andrew_WrightMember
The only reason why Cardiff Ajax weren’t looking at the sportive is why pay £35 for a ride when you can do a similar route for free?
Plus from last years experience it was better to view the riders half way up Caerphilly mountain and once they pass, rush down the hill to see them come across the finish line.
Offer still open for anyone who want’s a 50-60 mile from Cardiff then join the rest at the finish.
AndrewAugust 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm #24909Andrew_WrightMember
The Cardiff Ajax ride is now confirmed as a 50+ ride, from the centre of Cardiff over the Rhigos and back to Caerphilly mountain. Anyone fancy it give me a nudge.September 15, 2012 at 7:35 am #24960September 15, 2012 at 10:00 am #24962MorganiteMember
Hey is this that the start, or is that crossing the finish togetherSeptember 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm #24965Sweaty EdsMember
Tour of Britain Sportive – The Sweaty Way
1. Laze in bed until after start time.
2. Eat leisurely breakfast then head to Cardiff.
3. Park up then cycle to Caerphilly in glorious sunshine whilst enjoying the shouts of ‘Go Wiggo’ from the locals.
4. Arrive in Caerphilly to find teammates still riding.
5. Chat to the man-on-mike, fail to correct his misapprehension that I had already completed the Sportive and was now waiting for my tardy teammates.
6. Welcome home teammates when they finally finish, narrowly avoid difficult scene with man-on-mike.
7. Fail to correct Sportive helpers when ushered into area reserved for Sportive participants.
8. Enjoy free lunch and hot drinks.
9. Fail to hide disappointment at contents of ill-gotten goodie bag.
10. Enjoy quite fantastic atmosphere of Tour of Britain finish and excellent company of companions.
11. Pose for presentation photo with gorgeous podium girls.
12. Cycle back to Cardiff over Caerphilly mountain at speeds that would make Jonathan Tiernan-Locke blush, narrowly miss Stravas KOM Top 150.(162/195)
13. Look in vain for name painted on the road on the mountain, consider changing name to Wiggo Skoda, the new climbing sensation from Estonia.
14. Avoid Caerphilly gridlock and arrive home to watch the stage on ITV4.September 15, 2012 at 3:45 pm #24966
Huw, if you spent less time of Buggle and more time on your bike you would not have to ask such a silly question! However, I can see how you might have been confused because yes that was the Chairman finishing with us…
PS Sweaty must have been air-brushed out of the shot….September 15, 2012 at 4:28 pm #24967Sweaty EdsMember
Technology not my thing. This may be a link to the podium photo or it might turn out to be a shortcut to the ‘Just Jugs’ website.September 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm #24968MorganiteMember
Ian matter of interest what Buggle, Yes i am confused i cannot ever remember finishing a sportive with our chairman, was the route not well marked and Andrew was concerned that he may get lost.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.