Home Forums Sunday Rides Sunday Ride 20th November 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ValleyMan

Meet at 0900 and decide where to go from there.

ValleyMan

As Kim and I arrived at Bloomfield car park, the distinctive outline of Andrew Rees emerged through the mist and gloom. Not put off by her baptism of fire last week, Tamsin was also expectantly sitting astride her bike whilst Leighton fiddled around with his front wheel trying to change a tyre.

The five of us eventually set of at 9.15 completing a 30 mile figure of eight taking in Reynalton, Jeffreyston, Redberth across to Carew, Cresswell Quay via West Williamson, Martletwy, Crosshands, Templeton, up Tanners lane then left back to Narberth.

No incidents of note to report of and a good time was had by all.

How long can these mild, dry Sunday mornings last?

When will Andrew get round to finishing the decorating?

Roger

The mild dry Sunday mornings will cease when I’m permitted to and fit enough to go back on the road..then an new ice age will emerge ..with ice covering the roads for months and polar bears roaming those roads looking for cyclist prey

ValleyMan

That would of course be an ideal excuse for Andrew as it would clearly be too cold to paint. However, whilst you have clearly been seduced by the the opinions of climate change denyers in your prognosis of the general future trend in global temperatures, might I suggest on the basis of the lake that surrounded our house this morning that we are more likely to be eaten by sharks.

Roger

Now you’re just being silly….sharks are of course salt water dwellers..I think that taking into account climatic change, piranhas are much more likely..

ValleyMan

At the risk of appearing pedantic, if the ice caps were to completely melt sea levels would rise by about 30m so many of our favourite routes may well be shark infested. Anyway Sunday looks like another mildish sunny day. Are you ready to cast off your bandages and mount your trusty steed?

Roger

Point taken..how could I be so foolish as to not understand fully the mechanism whereby sharks would be circling your farmhouse in rural Pembrokehire?

Leg is much improved but during the time taken to see this improvement Vicki has managed to book me up with responsibilities during the next few weekends..I’m off to deliver a snowboard to Liverpool this weekend…there is a chance that we might be coming back on saturday…and therefore an outside chance of making an appearance on Sunday…as long as you periodically wait for me!

Enjoy the Rugby tomorrow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.