Home Forums Upcoming Events Carten 100

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Narberth Dynamos
    Keymaster

This is a thread to discuss arrangements for the Carten 100.

Morganite

Few people asking is their a plan with the club yet, with arrangements.

butcherboy

matnew has said he will organise a bus/buses for that weekend. mind you he is going to jamaica 2 weeks before and wont be back until 2 minutes before we leave!!!

Matt Johns

Ye of little faith Mr Rees!!

ValleyMan

…in Matt we trust.

Matt has confirmed that he has arranged a couple of minibuses to take us to Cardiff, one of them for the bikes. Andrew is sorting out the drivers.

Proposed itinerary:

• Friday evening load bikes in minibus in Narberth
    • Saturday morning minibus to Cardiff
    • Saturday cycle to to Tenby 😆
    • Saturday after the ride minibus returns to Narberth
    • Saturday evening minibus returns to Tenby Rugby Club
    • Saturday night minibus returns to Narberth

Andrew to arrange drivers and times will be confirmed on the forum.

Matt to confirm costs but allow £10 to £20 for petrol.

So far the following have confirmed they are coming on the minibus:

Andrew, Roger, Huw, Mark, Dylan, Ian, Kim, Matt, Dave and Nigel + 3?

If have entered the Carten and would like to come on the minibus please get in contact with Andrew ASAP.

Sweaty Eds

Will the minibus be available to carry things, in my case a very large lunch, during the ride or will it meet us back in Tenby? Is anyone else thinking about carrying a rucksac? What did people do last year?

Narberth Dynamos
    Keymaster

I understand that there are two food stops along the way. Not sure what the minibuses will be doing, I guess it depends on the drivers. Andrew, you may have some ‘influence’ on this?

ValleyMan

Chairman Rees has advised that the ‘designated’ drivers have no intention whatsoever of following a load of sweaty cyclists crawl at a snails pace from Cardiff to Tenby. Instead, it appears, they are intent on going on a shopping spree along the South Wales coast starting in Cardiff and taking in the outlet centre at Bridgend on the way.

Luckily, however, they will have two minibuses to take their all their purchases home.

I would have thought that the carnivores amongst you would be well advised to stock up at a well known local butchers before the prices go through the roof. 😆

So in answer to Sweaty Ed, you are on your own mate!

butcherboy

I rode with the aces last year and we stopped at mcdonalds in britton ferry. They also had lunch in bury port. So there will be plenty of oppotunity to pig out!

ValleyMan

Can I have your salad bits?

bianchi.kidd

Count me in for the bus ride to Cardiff Andrew. Rather than follow us perhaps the bus could sit in front – especially useful if we need to content with a westerly wind!

butcherboy

Delme has pulled out of carten, which means we now have a spare entry. I know its short notice but do you know anyone who would like to take his place?

ValleyMan

If no takers in the Dynamos then could ask the Aces. I am going down there tonight and could ask around. Ebay or you could do it twice?

Sweaty Eds

What are the arrangements for Friday/Saturday? Are we still planning to load the bikes on Friday eve? What time Sat morning?

When do I have to order my breakfast for the bus? I have been looking forward to seeing the Rees mobile barbeque in action but am concerned I might not be able to eat a whole rack of ribs and a steak before 7.15, maybe I’d be better off sticking to a bacon roll.

ValleyMan

Final instructions for Friday/Saturday.

Load the bikes into the van between 7 and 8pm on Friday evening which will be outside Matt’s House (Cysgod y Dderwen, 4 Beechwood Place, Narberth, opposite Bloomfield). Please bring some cardboard or something similar to avoid your bike damaging Andrew’s.

We will then set off from Bloomfield Car Part at 5.00am on Saturday morning. We can argue about breakfast on the trip to Cardiff.

The van will be able to bring us back to Narberth after the ride and then take us back to Tenby for the evening’s festivities and finally home again.

We are looking at about £15.00 each to cover the cost of the vans and the diesel.

See you there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.